Virtual Care – Zoom for Healthcare Status Report
The Provincial Virtual Care Program has been operational for approximately 7 months. There have been many successes, lessons learned, and opportunities for growth. We would like to update you on the Program with a focus on Zoom for Healthcare (ZoomH) usage.
- flexibility for clients and clinicians
- lack of "real" contact – human touch
- barriers to technology/internet access
- not well-suited to all patients
- Better "webside manner" can add a "human touch" to a virtual visit.
- Providing education and assistance to develop digital literacy of clients and providers
- Creation of community access points