New Brunswick's Electronic Health Record (EHR)
An Initiative of eHealthNB
Content of the Electronic Health Record
The EHR provides authorized health professionals in New Brunswick access to clinically relevant information. The EHR balances the responsibilities associated with the protection of personal health information with the provision of information to health professionals.
When a patient receives health care services anywhere in the province, information is available immediately in the EHR. The EHR has been receiving information since 2010. As more clinical information is added to the EHR, these documents will be available for viewing to authorized users.
The information available includes: demographic information (name, date of birth, address, etc.), laboratory test results, diagnostic imaging reports, cardiology reports and the medication summary derived from pharmacies in the community. It also displays the visit history for each patient as well as a view of clinicians' patients currently admitted to any hospital in the province(See examples below).
- Access to current, relevant health information to support clinical decision making
- Single entry point to access information
- Improved communication on the delivery of care (real time access to results/reports)
- Improved quality of health information (standardized terminology)
The following screenshots are examples from the Electronic Health Record test environment:
1. Physician's Clinician Homepage with list of admitted patients in the province (real time current):
2. Patient Summary View (Patient record):
3. Laboratory Report View:
4. Laboratory Cumulative Report View:
5. Cardiology Report View:
6. Medication Summary Profile View: