New Brunswick's Electronic Health Record (EHR)
An Initiative of eHealthNB
Electronic Health Record Access for EMR Users in Implemented Certified Sites
Introducing our new eHealth NB Centre powered by iTacit!
A new access process for the Electronic Health Record (EHR) has been implemented to better serve our users. We have transitioned our EHR access forms and training modules to iTacit, an interactive digital platform that will provide our stakeholders with several benefits:
- Continued secure storage of all documentation and personal information.
- A user-friendly e-learning experience.
- The ability to contact the EHR Administrator with the click of a button.
- A one-stop shop for communication, updates, and additional training.
To be granted access to the Electronic Health Record, the following steps must be completed:
Step 1: Create an eHealthNB Centre account
- To begin the EHR Access process, you will need to create an account on our eHealthNB Centre found here. Use the email to which you wish to receive communications and training.
- If you already have an account for the eHealth NB Centre, do not create any additional accounts and proceed to Step 2.
- Upon registration, you must select a location and role. If you do not see your role within the drop down, email the EHR Administrator at EHRaccess@gnb.ca.
- Once your account has been created, you will receive an email confirmation.
- If you require detailed instructions specific to the self-registration process, please click here.
Step 2: Complete the EHR Access Request form
- Once you have created your account, login to the eHealthNB Centre and locate the required forms under the My Activities tab.
- Complete all fields and submit the required forms.
Step 3: Complete both the online Privacy and EHR Training
- Once the required forms are completed online in the eHealthNB Centre, the EHR Administrator will review your request and, upon approval, you will be enrolled in two courses:
- Privacy Training (15 minutes);
- EHR Training (20 minutes).
- Once the two courses are completed and your access request is approved, you will receive an email from the EHR Administrator informing you that your access to the EHR is ready
For additional information or questions about the EHR access process, click on EHR Administrative office (EHRAccess@gnb.ca)